Hot model hotel workout
So you are a hot model (or an overworked executive business man) off travelling abroad, rushing to photo shoots, costume trials, and business meetings with agents — not to mention that you have been invited to an amazing cocktails soirée where there will be some fabulous, A-list celebrities attending. You NEED to look your best — but do not have the time to go to the hotel gym (if there is one) — let alone run around town trying to find a fitness centre. What do you do?
You NEED to look your best — but do not have the time to go to the hotel gym.
The answer is the hotel room workout.
Designed specifically for busy people on the move who do not have a lot of time but need to get in a work out, this program is designed to hit the major muscle groups — building muscle and burning fat and also getting your heart beating a bit. Total time — lets say 20 minutes! If you have more time great — use it!
Resistance — for some of the exercises it is an excellent idea to add resistance if you can. Use your computer bag (including computer), or two one-liter bottles of water (or champagne if you have them), the base of a lamp, some books, or any bag you might have with a bit of weight to it, etc. Indeed, if you are serious about your workouts… you might consider bringing a pair of dumbbells and a skipping-rope with you!?
Firstly — warm up! This is important whenever doing ANY exercise routine — no matter where you are!! With a good warm up you prepare the body (in particular the muscles, joints and ligaments) for a more intense workload. Do the exercises FAST — though with perfect form (do them correctly) and move immediately to the next exercise, and also remember to stretch out afterwards!
So try this for a quick warm up. Do:
- 20 jumping-jacks
- 15 squats — just using your body weight — arms out straight in front of you
- 10 push-ups
- 10 sit-ups
- 10 lunges (both left and right legs)
- 20 jumping jacks
You should now be breathing hard, have a slight sweat, and be ready for the rest of the work out, after only maximum 5 minutes.
Designed specifically for busy people on the move who do not have a lot of time but need to get in a work out, this program is designed to hit the major muscle groups.
Hot model hotel room workout — So… here we go.
- 20 squats (with weights). Works the core muscles, legs, thighs (and ass muscles)
- 20 push-ups. If you can — do them on the floor. If not — incline with your arms on a chair / table or the bed. Works your arms, specifically triceps and pectorals (breast muscles). For added resistance keep hands on floor, and place your feet on a chair / bed.
- 20 sit-ups. Again — lie on the floor (carpet for comfort), keep the small of your back flat on the floor, bended knees and feet firm. Hands by your head with your fingers touching your ears… raise your body fully so your chest touches your knees. If too hard — hook your feet under something to help your come up. If too easy — hold a weight on your chest. Works your abdominal muscles as well as your core muscles.
- Lunges 10 each leg — Stand straight, with your arms on your waist — and take a long step forward, bend your front knee to almost 90 degrees so that your back knee almost touches the ground… and come up again. If too easy — do more… if too easy carry a weight.
- Reverse leg raises 10 each leg — these (and the squats) are amazing for sculpting your butt! Stand facing a desk or a chair, bend over forwards to about 30 — 45 degrees, then keeping your leg straight, lift is up behind your back as far as you can.
- Triceps dips 20 — sit on the edge of your bed /chair with your butt about to slip off. Have your legs straight as far forwards as you can, with the heels on the floor. Place your hands next to your butt on the bed / chair. Slip your butt forwards so that it is in the air — and lower it towards the ground. Lightly touch the ground and then lift again. This exercises the triceps, and slightly the abdominals and pectorals.
- Bicep curls 20 reps per arm — using your weight of choice, place your feet shoulder width apart, holding weight in one hand by your waist. Curl your arm up fully, and then lower. Works your bicep muscles.
- Inverted rows 20 reps per arm — Lie on the table (if you can) or on the bed with one arm hanging off the side — preferably stretched out. Hold your weight (computer bag!?) and pull up to your armpit. Works your latimus dorsi and your teres major.
- 20 squats (with weights). Works the core muscles, legs, thighs (and ass muscles). I will add this one again as it is such a good workout — especially for people concerned with how their legs and butt might look.
Reverse leg raises 10 each leg – these (and the squats) are amazing for sculpting your butt!
And there you go. In 20 minutes you have warmed up, had a tough, hard though hopefully fun workout and are ready to go for a shower. (Don’t forget to stretch out! Important! Read article "Warm Up and Stretching Before Running" for some great stretching techniques).
When doing this hotel room workout pay attention to not only doing the exercises with good form — but also how your body is responding to the various exercises. If you think your arms are getting too bulky — then maybe skip the triceps exercises, and replace with more abdominal exercises. If you feel like you need more work on your shoulders, then add some standing shoulder presses, using some of the weights you have in your room.
Also pay attention to how much time the entire routine has taken. If you have given it 100% energy and done it as fast as possible you should be able to do it in 15 minutes or less. If this is the case — consider repeat some of the exercises.
If you have even LESS time available to you… then consider reading the 1-minute workout here: The 1-minute Mommy workout. Originally written for highly stressed mothers, who have no time at all — it contains some very good tips and techniques that you can incorporate into your daily schedule.